Just a lowly cashier complaining about the unknowing irritation you cause by everyday purchasing transactions.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Can I Rate the Customers?

Yesterday's Quit-O-Meter: 7.9 


At each register we have a sign posted that has a big "10" circled and underneath it reads, "Rate this cashier a 10 for fast, friendly, and clean."  I find that phrase so damn stupid.  I understand the fast and friendly part (which most of the cashiers are either one or the other, certainly not both), but clean?  What does that mean?  Personal hygiene?  They keep your groceries clean?  I'm not sure.  Apparently we're supposed to hand out the little surveys with a sticker with your name on it on the receipt, but I don't because I don't give a shit about what Joe Shmo and Ms. Braless Trailer Park thinks of the job I do.  I'm expecting to get asked any day now if I do include the name sticker with the survey receipts.  And I'm going to lie.  They'd have no real way of knowing unless they viewed the register video and why would they do that for something so pointless?  And even if they caught me red handed, who cares?  Maybe I should make up a fake cashier name like "Bonita" or "Patsy"?  


Can I rate the customers?  Because... they suck.


I think the cashier from Early Shift Pains has realized that I probably think she's an idiot.  Yesterday she plainly walked past me and looked the complete other way... and obvious cold shoulder.  I almost felt a chill as she walked past me.  It kinda made me laugh because I don't really care.  She's really rather wacky. 


One of the things I've come to dread now are seeing an employee of Walmart in my checkout line.  They are more annoying and picky than other customers and I have no idea why.   Perhaps it's  because they work there and they think they are owed special treatment, I don't know.  But I want to slap them in the face and snap their meager little discount cards in half.  The discount cards are also a joke.  They take 10% off of every purchase... on certain items.  And 10% isn't even that much so why can't they let it be off of every item?  I've seen people swipe the cards and get $0.00 discount.  What's the point of having them?! 


As if my day couldn't get more annoying, someone invented Valentine's Day singing balloons to contribute to the everyday noise of Walmart.  So now, whenever someone taps a specific balloon, "Still the One" starts playing on repeat for the next minute or so.  I don't know why the fuck you'd want a singing balloon... 


Today I'm working 11-3 and what a fucking pointless shift that is.  What's the point of me coming in today?  I'm basically showing up to make $30 when I'd pay more than that to NOT show up. 







No comments:

Post a Comment