Just a lowly cashier complaining about the unknowing irritation you cause by everyday purchasing transactions.

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Hat In Its Natural Habitat!

Today's Quit-O-Meter: 5.9ish 


Well, I just got off work about an hour and a half ago and I've got about eight hours until I'm back behind a register, not fair!


But, today was not in vain.  I have managed to take an up close and personal picture of the offensive hat, the one that has caused my blood to boil every time I see it.  I was giving Hat Lady a break and she left the terrible headpiece behind: 




Faces blurred to protect the innocent (left) and the fashion victim (right).
I finally feel like I've accomplished something!  I've managed to take two hat pictures and share them with the rest of the internet.  I wasn't exaggerating, was I?  It's fucking horrible.  Now, I can end my unhealthy obsession with the hat now that it's out there for everyone to see!

Strange purchases of the day: a cat poop scooper and laxative.  This combination brings to mind a rather odd mental picture.  Did the woman suspect that Fluffy was a little stopped up?  I just picture her following her cat's butt around with the poop scoop now. 

Oddly, the person who said to me, "You're a nice cashier" was the one person in the entire shift I wanted to face punch.  She wasn't necessarily rude, just extremely slow.  It seems that people have absolutely no idea that a line is behind them.  I'm sometimes amazed at my nerves of steel but, sometimes I almost reach my breaking point.

No comments:

Post a Comment