Just a lowly cashier complaining about the unknowing irritation you cause by everyday purchasing transactions.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hello?

How can people be so blatantly rude? There have been many occasions when I greet a customer, look them right in the face and say, "Hello" and they just fucking stare back at me with a blank and emotionless stare. Or the old:

Customer: Hi! How are you?
Me: Fine, how are you?

And they never answer. It is then clear to me that they never cared in the first place. I mean, not that I especially care how they're doing but it's nice to be recognized that you actually said something to them.

When a customer compliments me, I feel added pressure to be nice to them because they bestowed that compliment. It is then that usually everything goes to shit and screws up and they think I'm an idiot.

I hate the bluetooth. It has gotten so hard to figure out who is insane and who is not. An example of this would be a weird, non-feminine girl I work with who came through my line with her hair falling over her ears so I couldn't see that she had a bluetooth and wasn't talking to me. She makes a habit of making semi-inconsequential statements so I thought she was talking to me. She had a few items and a donut and she was taking a bite out of her chocolate donut and was looking at me while saying, "If you come over here I'll give you a bite of this donut." I wrinkled my nose, shook my head, and said, "No, thanks." But, she wasn't talking to me which made it pretty uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment