Just a lowly cashier complaining about the unknowing irritation you cause by everyday purchasing transactions.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A New Level of Stupid

On Friday I met a customer who displayed a new level of stupid. Now this middle-aged man appeared to be mentally sound and competent but after my "Hello, how are you?" as he plopped down his whole chicken that was wrapped in plastic, he did something which completely changed my initial assessment. He pointed at the word 'HEN' printed on the plastic and asked, "What is that?"

This man did not know what a hen was.

How sad that the elementary school system has failed this man so badly. How could one go through everyday life and not know there was a difference between a rooster and a hen and that a 'chicken' was not some sexless creature? HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THIS????? It makes me wonder what else this man doesn't know. It's frightening that there are people out there with a such a minimal understanding for the world. I just hope that this man has grasped other simple concepts in the world such as red means stop and green means go. But... who knows?

Luckily The Hen Man came before Robust-Baldy-Junkfood Man who came up to the register with a, "Smile! It gets worse!" I probably would have been a little less patient with his idiocy. If there's one thing I hate it's moronic, fat white men (it's always those types...) who probably can't wait to get home on their recliner with their six-pack and reese's cups who feel the need to tell me to smile. It's none of your fucking business what I do with my face. I'm polite to you, what else do you want?! I'm sorry but I'm not going to stand behind my register and grin like a lunatic. You want to see me smile? Trip on the way out the door, then I will surely smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment